Hardcore and Punk On Bandcamp

Welcome to my second hardcore/punk blog. In this blog, I focus strictly and 80s Hardcore and Punk I found on Bandcamp. Now, you’d think Bandcamp’s search field would be enough to help you find it’s treasure trove of 80s Hardcore/Punk releases, but you’d be wrong. The search engine firstly grabs most recent releases, and secondly, includes current bands who play in the style of 80s bands, but are in fact modern. 


For some reason, even vintage bands who use the term 80s hardcore in their description, or even mention in the description when the original material was recorded and or released, do not show up at the top of the results, which makes for a frustrating experience if you’re specifically searching for vintage only releases, or at least material that was recorded during the correct era. So I decided to put this blog together to hopefully make it easier to find stuff. 


I’m mostly going to focus first on releases I’ve actually purchased, but will also discuss releases that I already owned but did not purchase on Bandcamp that can nevertheless be found there. I will likely occasionally review releases that are on the platform, but for one reason or another, I opted not to purchase. This is a big task. I have obsessively bought plenty o’ hardcore and punk on the site in the last two years. You might say I’m on a quest to get as much as I can, but that doesn’t mean I’ll indiscriminately buy every Punk record ever. There are too many, and frankly, some bands were just plain old terrible, generic or boring. So with that, I hope you get some use out of this blog. 


After each brief review, I’ll post a link directly to the release. It is possible that over time, some of these releases might be yanked for one reason or another, but hopefully not too soon. 80s Hardcore punk was an historically fruitful period of activism, creativity and fun that still carries on to this day with the new crop of bands. It should be noted that this is not done in affiliation with Bandcamp, or any labels or bands mentioned. Also, labels like Dischord, Revelation, Touch and Go, etc. are easy enough to find, so I will omit them for now to save time and space. It would be great if SST was on there, but Greg Ginn is a jerk, so that’s that. Otherwise, enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog